The Corporation is established for the following purposes, and shall restrict itself to such activities as in its opinion directly or indirectly, furthers such purposes.
- To provide assistance, through the provision and implementation of services and programs to both transient and resident Aboriginal people of Labrador in a manner that may meet their requirements.
- To assist Aboriginal people of Labrador to find and maintain employment and to obtain housing.
- To assist Aboriginal people of Labrador in making personal, social, cultural and cross cultural contacts.
- To assist Aboriginal people of Labrador by providing interpretation services.
- To promote communication and understanding between Aboriginal people and community service agencies.
- To encourage and promote Aboriginal cultures, customs, traditions and languages.
- To establish, maintain and operate a Centre for cultural, traditional, social, educational and recreational activities and gatherings.
- To promote and assist in developing Aboriginal education.
- To assist in the promotion, development, appreciation and preservation of Aboriginal arts, crafts and artifacts.
- To assist and promote through all communication media, including newspaper, film and broadcasts, in the cultural, economic, educational and social development of Aboriginal people.
- To establish, maintain and operate a hostel to provide temporary accommodations for Aboriginal people.
- To serve as a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas.
- To promote the development of Aboriginal leadership.
- To serve as a vehicle for the involvement of Aboriginal people in the planning, implementation and management of social, cultural and economic programs.
- To be a local agency to which Aboriginal people, individuals and groups can bring their problems for discussion and possible resolution.
- To assist Aboriginal people of Labrador in resolving their own issues and concerns.